Sunday, November 12, 2017

TARGE 2017 KIRRIEMUIR


This weekend I travelled to the Targe 2017 show held at Webster’s High School Kirriemuir by the Kirriemuir Wargames club.  As for the past 2 years I was one of the judges for the display games and the painting competition.

The best display game was the Contemptible B’s First Carlist War game with its great looking terrain and figures and the best PP game was East Neuk’s unusual Iraq 1941 game.  Overall it was an enjoyable show and my only buy was 2 unpainted Spanish Battalions from Eagle figures for my Napoleonic Peninsular War collection.  A few of my show photos are below.  All of them are on Flickr at:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm7NcAbR

Battle of Falkirk by oddly enough Falkirk and District Wargames club

The Photo say it all - Leuchars Wargamers Fury PP game

East Neuk club - Iraq 1941- Best PP game

28mm M4 from the Fury game

Carlist War by the Contemptible B's - Best display

Huge 6mm Battle of Ramilles

Action in the 28mm Ruhr pocket - the ruins of Essen

Iron Brigades - Back of Beyond game - "Mom look at that rocket"

Martian war machines bestride the earthling defences

4 comments:

  1. Stolen the pic of Me, Allan and Richard playing Fury. God the dice gods were against us and the Tiger player too. A lot of 1's and 2's where rolled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pictures Bill.

    Was it as quiet a show as I heard it to be?

    Sorry I couldn't be there, a wee bit outside my journeying distance at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was as busy as previous years. The paid entries were up this year on last year. All in all it was a good show.

      Delete
  3. Aye a really great day. Well done more pics on our Web page if requiem. Hogs...

    ReplyDelete