Saturday, March 30, 2013

28MM BOLT ACTION EASTERN FRONT AND NAPOLEONIC UPDATE





This weeks game at the SESWC was a 1944 28mm Bolt Action Eastern Front game.  Colin Jack provided most of the figures and the terrain.  I contributed a platoon of inexperienced Soviet infantry.  The terrain on the table was relatively open.  A German force of a reinforced battalion supported by a Tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther and Panzer IV  holding a line of isolated buildings was attacked by 2 Soviet platoons supported by 2 SU100s and 4 T34/85s. 
SOLIDO T34/85s cross the open fields - more vehicles on the road
It proved to be a German victory when 2 Soviet platoons were wiped out assaulting 2 of the buildings.  Though we played multiple moves and there was much anti-tank fire only a SU100 and a  Panther had been knocked out by the end of the game.
My Soviet inexperienced infantry reach some cover
Sadly I was so busy playing the game and talking to people that I only managed to take these 2 photographs. 
I also spent time this week adding a page to the blog giving details of my Russian Napoleonic army. I also revised the design of the blog by widening the main blog section and right hand lists. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics and the widening of the blog works much better.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete